Hello,

I have been trying to understand how serialization works for the Flink Heap
Keyed state backend when a checkpoint happens. I want to know how Flink knows
which type of serializer to use to serialize the values for different states
during the snapshot.

I have debugged both RocksDB and heap keyed state backend. I can see that state
is stored in the COW(Copy on Write) data structure which is copied. It does
create a proxy (serializationProxy) for serialization that is used to
serialized all the values for different state types (value, list). I cannot
understand how the proxy is doing serialization for an individual value and the
whole list.

Thanks