Hi devs,

When working on the release notes for the upcoming 1.14.0[1] release I
spotted inconsistencies in where we add release-notes. Therefore I
wanted to ask how do we see the purpose of this page. So far the first
paragraph states:

    These release notes discuss important aspects, such as
    configuration, behavior, or dependencies, that changed between
    Flink 1.x and Flink 1.y. Please read these notes carefully if you
    are planning to upgrade your Flink version to 1.y.

Which would mean we should not put pure announcements for new feature
there (we can still do that in the announcement blogpost, imo). However,
we do that from time to time (not to point fingers, just some examples):
FLINK-20731(pulsar source), FLINK-21924 (fine grained reasource
management), FLINK-22670 (hybrid source) ...

Moreover, I think it is good to remind everyone that the target group
for this page is our user base. I think Stephan put it quite well when
reviewing the PR for 1.14.0 release-notes:

    This is still too much written in a "here is what we did"
    perspective, rather than from the perspective of "what does the user
    need to know about this change".

Can I assume the introduction to the page is still correct and thus e.g.
remove the FLINK-20731 from there?

Best,

Dawid

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/17182