Generally, the issues are reproducibility and control.

Stuffs completely broken on the Flink side for a week? Well then so are the connector repos. (As-is) You can't go back to a previous version of the snapshot. Which also means that checking out older commits can be problematic because you'd still work against the latest snapshots, and they not be compatible with each other.