Hi everyone,

The new module flink-table-planner-loader replaces flink-table-planner_2.12 and avoids the need for a specific Scala version in downstream projects. It is included in the Flink distribution under /lib. For backwards compatibility, users can still swap it with flink-table-planner_2.12 located in /opt.

As a consequence, flink-table-uber has been split into flink-table-api-java-uber, flink-table-planner(-loader), and table-runtime. flink-sql-client has no Scala suffix anymore.

It is recommended to let new projects depend on flink-table-planner-loader (without Scala suffix) + flink-table-runtime in provided scope next to the API.

Note that the distribution does not include the Scala API by default. Scala users need to explicitly add a dependency to flink-table-api-scala or flink-table-api-scala-bridge.

We added a new README that can be used for future reference about all modules that we provide:

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-table/README.md

To the best of our knowledge, currently only the Hive compatibility layer needs the old flink-table-planner_2.12. Connectors developers and user programs should be fine with flink-table-planner-loader.

For more information see also:

Regards,
Timo