Hi Chesnay,

How do you ensure that the connector is actually available at runtime?

We are providing below mentioned dependency inside pom.xml with scope compile
that will be available in class path and it was there in my fink job bundled
jar. Same we are doing the same for other connector say kafka it worked for that

<dependency>
              <groupId>org.apache.flink</groupId>
              <artifactId>flink-connector-jdbc_2.11</artifactId>
              <version>1.14.2</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
              <groupId>mysql</groupId>
              <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
              <version>5.1.41</version>
</dependency>

Are you bundling it in a jar or putting it into Flinks lib directory?
Yes we are building jar it is bundled with that but still we saw this error .
So we tried the workaround which is mentioned in some article to put inside a
flink lib directory then it worked
https://blog.csdn.net/weixin_44056920/article/details/118110949 . So this is
extra stuff which we have to do to make it work with restart of cluster .

But the question is how it worked for kafka and not for jdbc ? I didn't put
kafka jar explicitly in flink lib folder

Note : I am using flink release 1.14 version for all my job execution /
implementation which is a stable version I guess

Thanks
Ronak Beejawat