Hi Danny!

Thanks for the feedback :)

Versioning:
Versioning will be independent from Flink and the operator will depend on a
fixed flink version (in every given operator version).
This should be the exact same setup as with Stateful Functions (
https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun). So independent release cycle but
still within the Flink umbrella.

Deployment error handling:
I think that's a very good point, as general exception handling for the
different failure scenarios is a tricky problem. I think the exception
classifiers and retry strategies could avoid a lot of manual intervention
from the user. We will definitely need to add something like this. Once we
have the repo created with the initial operator code we should open some
tickets for this and put it on the short term roadmap!

Cheers,
Gyula