Gotcha, thanks. I may be able to work on that one in a couple weeks if
you're looking for help.

Unrelated question -- another thing that would be useful for me would be
the ability to set a maximum backoff interval in BoundedExponentialBackoff
or the async equivalent. My situation is this. I'd like to set a long
maxRequestDuration, so it takes a good while for Statefun to "give up" on a
function call, i.e. perhaps several hours or even days. During that time,
if the backoff interval doubles on each failure, those backoff intervals
get pretty long.

Sometimes, in exponential backoff implementations, I've seen the concept of
a max backoff interval, i.e. once the backoff interval reaches that point,
it won't go any higher. So I could set it to, say, 60 seconds, and no
matter how long it would retry the function, the interval between retries
wouldn't be more than that.

Do you think that would be a useful addition? I could post something to the
dev list if you want.