Just merge it to master & release-1.15 after 1.15.0 is released. No impact on the current release, but also no issues with backports.

On 10/03/2022 07:33, Jark Wu wrote:
I also have some concerns because it's a huge change and the 1.15 will be
released soon.
I remember the last time when we merged Java formatting, and all the
pending bugfix PRs
needed to be refactored. I'm afraid this may delay the 1.15 release.  I
guess the scala formatting
is a nice-to-have feature, so we don't need to rush into 1.15.

Best,
Jark