Hi Shengkai,

Good to see FLIP-91 is revisited after such a long time. Big +1 for the
proposal.

I’ve been using the SQL gateway for a while, just put in my 2 cents:

1. Is operation status exposed to users or just for internal usage to represent
the job status?
    I’m assuming the latter, or else it might confuse users with job status and
operation status.

2. If the cluster is temporarily unavailable, e.g. jobmanager failover, what
status would be
    the operation? I think PENDING should be better than ERROR.

3. WRT synchronized job submission, does the endpoint pull in the whole result
set before
    returning it to the client?

Thanks a lot!

Best,