Hi everyone,

Pattern#withIn interface in CEP defines the maximum time interval in which a
matching pattern has to be completed in order to be considered valid, which
interval corresponds to the maximum time gap between first and the last event.
The interval representing the maximum time gap between events is required to
define in the scenario like purchasing good within a maximum of 5 minutes after
browsing.

I would like to start a discussion about FLIP-228[1], in which within between
events is proposed in Pattern to support the definition of the maximum time
interval in which a completed partial matching pattern is considered valid,
which interval represents the maximum time gap between events for partial
matching Pattern.

Hence we propose the Pattern#partialWithin interface to define the maximum time
interval in which a completed partial matching pattern is considered valid.
Please take a look at the FLIP page [1] to get more details. Any feedback about
the FLIP-228 would be appreciated!

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-228%3A+Support+Within+between+events+in+CEP+Pattern

Best regards,