Hi Ran,

The FLIP process can be found here[1].

You don't need to pass the vote, in fact the vote is based on the FLIP
wiki. So drafting the FLIP wiki would be the first step. After that you may
start a discussion thread in the mailing list so people can have the
discussion about the feature based on your FLIP wiki. Note that it is very
important to follow the structure of the FLIP template so the discussion
would be more efficient.

In case you don't have the permission to add a FLIP page yet, please let me
know your Apache Confluence ID so I can grant you the permission.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Flink+Improvement+Proposals