Hi, Aitozi:

Thank you for the feedback!
Here are some of my thoughts on your question

>>> 1.If there is an unbounded data source, but only have resource to
schedule the first stage, will it bring the big burden to the disk/shuffle
service which will occupy all the resource I think.
First of all, Hybrid Shuffle Mode is oriented to the batch job scenario, so
there is no problem of unbounded data sources. Secondly, if you consider
the stream scenario, I think Pipelined Shuffle should still be the best
choice at present. For an unbounded data stream, it is not meaningful to
only run some stages.

>>> 2. Which kind of job will benefit from the hybrid shuffle mode. In
other words, In which case we can use the hybrid shuffle mode:
Both general batch jobs and OLAP jobs benefit. For batch jobs, hybrid
shuffle mode can effectively utilize cluster resources and avoid some
unnecessary disk IO overhead. For OLAP scenarios, which are characterized
by a large number of concurrently submitted short batch jobs, hybrid
shuffle can solve the scheduling deadlock problem of pipelined shuffle and
achieve similar performance.

Best regards,

Weijie

Aitozi <gjying1...@gmail.com> 于2022年5月20日周五 08:05写道: