Hi Chesnay,

Thanks for feedback.

1. Regarding the TM/Node id. Do you mean special characters may appear in
the rest URL?  Actually, I don't think so. The task manager id in REST API
should be the *ResourceID* of taskmanager in Flink, there should be no
special characters, and some existing REST APIs are already using it, e.g.
GET: http://{jm_rest_address:port}/taskmanagers/<taskmanagerid>. The node
id should be an IP of a machine or node name in Yarn/Kubernetes, I think it
should also have no special characters.
2. Regarding the GET query responses. I agree with you, it makes sense to
change the GET result to a map.

3. Regarding the endTimestamp.  I also agree with you, endTimestamp can
cover everything, and the endTimestamp is a unix timestamp, there should be
no timezone issues. But I think PUT and DELETE are enough, no PATCH.  The
add rest api is add or update, PUT can cover this semantics.

4. Regarding the slot pool/manager. I don't think the current slotpool and
slotmanager are able to support the MARK_BLOCKED(slots that are already
allocated will not be affected) action. The reasons are as follows:

a) for slot pool, with the MARK_BLOCKED action, when a slot state changes
from reserved(task assigned) to free(no task assigned), it is necessary to
check whether the slot should be released immediately(it should be released
immediately if the task manager is blocked, otherwise it may be allocated
to other tasks). I think it cannot be supported without being aware of the
blocklist information. Compared to the solution in FLIP, a more
appropriate/prefered way may be: Introduce a new slot pool  implementation
for blocklist(may be named BlocklistSlotPool, it extends/wrapps the
original slot pool), and implement the parts that need to be aware of the
blocklist in this newly introduced slot pool, and the original slot pool
basically does not need to change.

b) for slot manager, with the MARK_BLOCKED action, there may be free but
blocked slots in slot manager (the corresponding TMs cannot be
released/unregistered because there are still running tasks on them).
Therefore, we need to filter out the blocked slots when trying to fulfill
the slot requirements. Therefore it also needs to know the blocklist
information.
A better way may be to abstract a resource allocation strategy, and make
the blocklist as a special implementation, then pass the resource
allocation strategy in when constructing the slot manager. Unfortunately,
the data structures in the two existing slot manager
implementations(*DeclarativeSlotManager* and *FineGrainedSlotManager*) are
quite different, it is not easy to abstract a common resource allocation
strategy, so we prefer to keep the current way(i.e. pass the blocklist
information directly into slot manager).

5. Regarding the BlocklistTracker. I also agree with you, the BlocklistTracker
does not need to be aware of the executor, and the timeout actions can be
done outside.

Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org> 于2022年5月20日周五 17:34写道: