Hi Robert, Hi everyone,

I am still skeptical about this. Generally, orgs of any kind tend to
alternate between "can we do a meeting for this?" and "why don't we do this
async?". For anything that goes towards a status update or information
sharing, asynchronous, written communication is just more inclusive and
efficient. I don't know of why we have the release sync meeting exactly,
but would leave this to the release managers. Should the release sync
actually be recorded like the Kubernetes community meeting? This seems like
a good idea in general.

For an informal get-together, a meeting can be nice, but I would then
separate this from the release sync, and clearly manage expectations what
this meeting is or isn't about and set it up accordingly. For example, for
getting to know each other and informal chatting a big room with more than
6 people becomes awkward very quickly. A series of break-out sessions would
be much more useful then.

Cheers,

Konstantin