Hi Devs!

I would like to discuss/propose a new release flow for the Kubernetes
operator patch releases.

For the operator the main logic (and the bugs) are part of the operator
docker image and the helm charts associated with it. It would be nice to be
able to have lightweight patch releases that only contain the docker
image + updated Helm chart.

This would allow us to give users new docker image releases in a short
period of time with reduced testing and voting overhead (these patch
releases could have a shorter voting period also).

This would also have the implication that any API related change / fix has
to be a minor version bump, but I think that is also reasonable.

Another alternative would be to simply not have these patch releases and
encourage users to pick up the latest automatic image builds from
https://ghcr.io/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator for the current release
branch, but I feel that production users would not feel very good about
this.

Cheers,
Gyula