Now I see the difference. All in all the main reason of this discussion is
that I've found many super old Hadoop workarounds/unused configs/not
working solutions.
I think it would be beneficial for the community to remove/fix them
somehow. There are 4-7 years old issues inside...

This is a good example apart from the unused and long time deprecated
configs but I can mention further things:
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/8d05393f5bcc0a917b2dab3fe81a58acaccabf13/flink-filesystems/flink-hadoop-fs/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/runtime/util/HadoopUtils.java#L157-L159

If you guys are open to such intention then we can discuss the details.