Hi Kevin,

While it's still a non-binding vote I do want to ask you to reconsider
given the following:

In the discussion thread I outlined that Flinks Scala APIs can't be removed
until Flink 2.0 while Java 17 support can either be added in a new Flink
minor version or in a next major version as well.

Next to that, I do think that adding Java 17 as a prerequisite does not fit
with this proposal. For me they are orthogonal given that they are
different technologies. I can see that Java 17 support could potentially
ease rewriting your Flink application, but "Java 17 support" doesn't
clarify what from Java 17 is needed and you would still loose savepoint
compatibility. I would rather start with rewriting your applications now
using the Java API, to also benefit from being able to use any Scala
version you want now.

Best regards,

Martijn

Op wo 19 okt. 2022 om 16:51 schreef Kevin Lam <kevin....@shopify.com.invalid