Sorry for the late response.

In the next version(Flink 1.17), we plan to support the SQL Client to
submit the statement to the Flink SQL Gateway. The FLINK-29486
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-29486> is the first step to
remove the usage of the `Parser` in the client side, which needs to read
the table schema during the converting sql node to operation. I think
the authentication
module is not part of our plan in 1.17 because of the busy work. I think
we'll start the design at the end of the release-1.17.
But could you share more details about the requirements of the
authentication?
- Do you use the kerberos or delegation token or password to do the
authentication?
- After the authentication, do you need the sql gateway to submit the job
on behalf of the client?
- ...

For detailed implementation, I think Hive and Presto are good examples to
dig in.  If you have some thoughts about the authentication module, please
let me know.

Best,
Shengkai

Alexey Leonov-Vendrovskiy <vendrov...@gmail.com> 于2022年10月19日周三 00:37写道: