Hi Filip,

Thanks for bringing this up.

The hard truth is that committers who were previously active on the
StateFun subproject, including myself, all currently have other focuses.
Indeed, we may need to discuss with the community on how to proceed if
there seems to be no continued committer coverage.

If it's just a matter of upgrading the supported Flink version, I'm still
familiar enough with the subproject to probably be able to drive this (or
if your team is up to it, I can assist you on that).

For the long-term, as a data point I'm curious to see how many users are
using StateFun in production today, and how you're using it?

   - Do your applications have arbitrary / cyclic / bi-directional
   messaging between individual functions?
   - Or are you utilizing StateFun simply to allow your stateful functions
   to run remotely as separate processes?

If the majority is only the latter category, there might be a case to
support remote functions natively in Flink (which has been a discussion in
the past).

Thanks,
Gordon