Thanks for starting the discussion Matthias!

I think having a retro after a release cycle would be quite helpful to
standardizing the procedure of the release, and also could avoid new
release managers getting stuck on the same issue that happened before. I
prefer the second option that RMs could open a discussion thread in ML at
the end of the release to collect feedback about the last release cycle and
add them to the release wiki page, which would be quite handy for further
RMs.

Best,
Qingsheng
Ververica (Alibaba)