Heck, thank you Chesnay for catching this. I spent some time on removing the
1.4 hbase-client from flink-connector-hbase-2.2, cause excluding it from
flink-connector-hbase-base seemed not working. I missed removing that exclusion
from the 2.2 sql connector pom. Opened a PR [1] with the fix.

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink-connector-hbase/pull/4