Hi, Chesnay,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually we can not reuse the Task/OperatorMG for the OperatorCoordinator.
There are mainly two reasons.
First of all, the scopes of these metric groups are not suitable for the
OperatorCoordinator. It should be
"<host>.jobmanager.<job_name>.<operator_name>.coordinator".
Secondly, there are some metrics that we cannot compute from the subtasks.
For example, in flink cdc connectors, we could report how many tables are
pending in the OperatorCoordinator. But this information is not available
in its subtasks.

We try to add some common metrics to the OperatorCoordinatorMetricGroup for
all OperatorCoordinator implementations. In fact, it should be discussed
whether these common metrics are necessary.

Best,
Hang

Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org> 于2022年12月10日周六 01:33写道: