Hi Yuxin,

Thanks for the proposal!

After reading the FLIP, I have some questions about the default value.
This FLIP seems to introduce a *new* config
option(taskmanager.memory.network.required-buffer-per-gate.max) to control
the network memory usage.
1. Is this configuration at the job level or cluster level? As the FLIP
described, the default values of the Batch job and Stream job are
different, If an explicit value is set for cluster level, will it affect
all Batch jobs and Stream jobs on the cluster?

2. The default value of Batch Job depends on the value of
ExclusiveBuffersPerChannel(taskmanager.network.memory.buffers-per-channel),
if the value of ExclusiveBuffersPerChannel changed, does
"taskmanager.memory.network.required-buffer-per-gate.max" need to change
with it?

Best,
Yanfei

Dong Lin <lindon...@gmail.com> 于2022年12月25日周日 08:58写道: