Hi, Yuxia

Thanks for the reply.

> 1. About the configuration renaming. The old configurations ...

Thanks for your suggestion. And this explanation has been updated
to the FLIP to describe this change more clearly. The old configurations
will be deprecated after the configuration renaming, and it still will be
considered to guarantee compatibility.

> 2. I'm cursion in which case users will disable auto parallelism...

Actually, the adaptive batch scheduler is not only used for automatic
parallelism derivation, but also for speculative execution. If users
want to use speculative execution and do not enable automatic
parallelism, they can configure the configuration
"execution.batch.adaptive.auto-parallelism.enabled" instead of
configuring the configuration "jobmanager.scheduler".

In addition, “adaptive” represents a function, not just the automatic
derivation of parallelism, and more functions may be added in the
future. So we want users to focus on enabling or disabling the
parallelism derivation function itself rather than replacing the
scheduler type.

Best,
JunRui

Lijie Wang <wangdachui9...@gmail.com> 于2023年1月3日周二 11:03写道: