发件人: "Péter Váry" <peter.vary.apa...@gmail.com>
收件人: "dev" <dev@flink.apache.org>
发送时间: 星期二, 2023年 1 月 10日 下午 6:17:48
主题: Re: [Discussion] externalize Hive connector

Hi Team,

Somewhat, but not strictly related:
- We would like to use delegation tokens to connect from the
IcebergFilesCommitter tasks to kerberized Hive Metastore servers when
committing changes in the Iceberg connector [1].

Gabor Somogyi is working on generalizing token support [2]. I am working on
creating an implementation for the DelegationTokenProvider /
DelegationTokenReceiver interfaces for HMS. This could be useful for other
connectors too which are using HMS and would like to use the general
delegation token framework to avoid connecting to the Kerberos server every
time when a Task has to connect to the HMS. Also, as a next step, the
community could implement the same for kerberized HiveServer2 too.

I am still looking for a place where this
flink-hms-delegation-token-provider could fit in the Flink ecosystem. My
current feeling is:
- It could be part of the Hive connector code base
- It could be a different artifact than the real connector itself - so
Iceberg, or other connectors who do not need the full Hive connector
functionality could use it without including the whole Hive connector and
its dependencies

What do you think about this?

Thanks,
Peter