I am currently using Stateful Functions in my application.

I use Apache Flink for stream processing, and StateFun as a hand-off point for
the rest of the application.
It serves well as a bridge between a Flink Streaming job and micro-services.

I would be disappointed if StateFun was sunsetted.  Its a good idea.

If there is anything I can do to help, as a contributor perhaps, please let me
know.