Hi, Etienne.
Thanks for driving it.
I have one question about the mechanism of the cooldown timeout.

>From the Proposed Changes part, if a scalling event is received and it falls
>during the cooldown period, it'll be stacked to be executed after the period
>ends.
Also, from the description of FLINK-21883[1], cooldown timeout is to avoid
rescaling the job very frequently, because TaskManagers are not all connecting
at the same time.

So, is it possible that every taskmanager connecting will produce a scalling
event and it'll be stacked with many scale up event which causes it'll take a
long time to finish all?
Can we just take the last one event?

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-21883

Best regards,