Hi Dong and Yunfeng,

Thanks for the FLIP. What's not clear for me is what's the expected
behaviour when the allowed latency can't be met, for whatever reason.
Given that we're talking about an "allowed latency", it implies that
something has gone wrong and should fail? Isn't this more a minimum
latency that you're proposing?

There's also the part about the Hudi Sink processing records
immediately upon arrival. Given that the SinkV2 API provides the
ability for custom post and pre-commit topologies [1], specifically
targeted to avoid generating multiple small files, why isn't that
sufficient for the Hudi Sink? It would be great to see that added
under Rejected Alternatives if this is indeed not sufficient.

Best regards,

Martijn

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-191%3A+Extend+unified+Sink+interface+to+support+small+file+compaction