Hi all,

I am opening this thread to discuss FLIP-327: Support stream-batch unified
operator to improve job throughput when processing backlog data. The design
doc can be found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-327%3A+Support+stream-batch+unified+operator+to+improve+job+throughput+when+processing+backlog+data
.

This FLIP enables a Flink job to initially operate in batch mode, achieving
high throughput while processing records that do not require low processing
latency. Subsequently, the job can seamlessly transition to stream mode for
processing real-time records with low latency. Importantly, the same state
can be utilized before and after this mode switch, making it particularly
valuable when users wish to bootstrap the job's state using historical data.

We would greatly appreciate any comments or feedback you may have on this
proposal.

Cheers,
Dong