I have an issue here that needs to upgrade commons-collections[1] (this is
an example), but PR ci fails because flink-python test cases depend on
flink-sql-connector-kafka, but kafka-sql-connector is a small jar, does not
include this dependency, so flink ci cause exception[2]. Current my
solution is [3]. But even if this PR is done, the upgrade of flink still
requires kafka-connector released.

This issue leads to deeper problems. Although the connectors have been
externalized, many UTs of flink-python depend on these connectors, and a
basic agreement of externalized connectors is that other dependencies
cannot be introduced explicitly, which means the externalized connectors
use dependencies inherited from flink. In this way, when flink main
upgrades some dependencies, it is easy to fail when executing flink-python
test cases,because flink no longer has this class, and the connector does
not contain it. It's circular problem.

Unless, the connector self-consistently includes all dependencies, which is
uncontrollable.
(only a few connectors include all jars in shade phase)

In short, the current flink-python module's dependencies on the connector
leads to an incomplete process of externalization and decoupling, which
will lead to circular dependencies when flink upgrade or change some
dependencies.

I don't know if I made it clear. I hope to get everyone's opinions on what
better solutions we should adopt for similar problems in the future.

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/11287509/250120404-d12b60f4-7ff3-457e-a2c4-8cd415bb5ca2.png

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/11287509/250120522-6b096a4f-83f0-4287-b7ad-d46b9371de4c.png
[3] https://github.com/apache/flink-connector-kafka/pull/38

Best Regards,