Sorry for the late reply in that matter. I was off the last few days. I
should have made this clear in the ML. Anyway, I went over the issues as
well. Xintong's summary matches more or less my findings aside from the
following items:

- FLINK-4503 (remove deprecated methods from CoGroupedStreams and
JoinedStreams) was not mentioned in the above summary (AFAICS) but is
most-likely subsumed by the deprecated DataStream API cleanup
- FLINK-5875 (using TypeComparator.hash() instead of Object.hashCode())
felt to me like a nice-to-have item because it fixes a bug that was treated
with a restrictive workaround. But I see your point that it should have
been raised in the ML if it would have been a bigger issue.
- FLINK-15470 (remove YARN properties file): Shouldn't we add a log warning
and update the documentation as part of 1.18 to make this issue happen? In
this sense, I'd say that we should list FLINK-15470 under 1.18 changes
necessary

Best,
Matthias