(Sorry for resending this. I forgot to cc the dev mailing list)

Hi Matthias and Xintong,

Thanks for raising the question! We brought it to the 1.18 release sync on
Jul 26th, and we decided to stick to the original schedule of 1.18 and will
not accept new features, including those deprecation works. We don't see
benefits to 2.0 clearly about giving another several weeks squeezing these
deprecations into 1.18. I checked the latest FLIPs and most of them have
not been voted on yet, so we are a bit concerned about the overhead of
evaluating these cases and potentially delaying the release of 1.18.

What about we have a better, clearer plan on deprecations at the beginning
of the next release cycle, considering FLIP-321 and 2.0 working items are
finalized quite nearing the feature freeze of 1.18?

Best,
Qingsheng, Jing, Konstantin and Sergey