Thanks for the FLIP, Archit.

This is definitely quite a useful addition to the *yarn.provided.lib.dirs*
. +1.

IMO, except for the fact that *yarn.provided.lib.dirs* (platform specific
jars can be cached) takes only directories whereas *yarn.ship-files* (user
files) takes both files and dirs, the overall logic in terms of
constructing the classpath in both the cases should be roughly the same.

Referencing the PR (https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/23164) with the
initial implementation you created as well here.

Regards
Venkata krishnan