From: Giannis Polyzos <ipolyzos...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 11:11 AM
Subject: [Discussion] Slack Channel
To: user <u...@flink.apache.org>, <dev@flink.apache.org>

Hello folks,
considering how apache flink gains more and more popularity and seeing how
other open-source projects use Slack, I wanted to start this thread to see
how we can grow the community.
First of all one thing I have noticed, although there are people involved
with Flink only lately they start noticing there is actually an open-source
Slack channel.
Maybe we can help somehow raise awareness around that? Like inviting people
to join.
The other part is around the channels.
Currently, there is only one channel #troubleshooting for people to ask
questions.
I believe this creates a few limitations, as there are quite a few
questions daily, but it's hard to differentiate between topics, and people
with context on specific parts can't identify them easily.
I'm thinking it would be nice to create more channels like:
#flink-cdc
#flink-paimon
#flink-datastream
#pyflink
#flink-sql
#flink-statebackends
#flink-monitoring
#flink-k8s
#job-board etc.
to help people have more visibility on different topics, make it easier to
find answers to similar questions, and search for things of interest.
This can be a first step towards growing the community.

Best,
Giannis