Hi devs,

I would like to start a discussion about FLIP-366:
Support standard YAML for FLINK configuration[1]

The current flink-conf.yaml parser in FLINK is not a standard YAML parser,
which has some shortcomings.
Firstly, it does not support nested structure configuration items and only
supports key-value pairs, resulting in poor readability. Secondly, if the
value is a collection type, such as a List or Map, users are required to
write the value in a FLINK-specific pattern, which is inconvenient to use.
Additionally, the parser of FLINK has some differences in syntax compared
to the standard YAML parser, such as the syntax for parsing comments and
null values. These inconsistencies can cause confusion for users, as seen
in FLINK-15358 and FLINK-32740.

By supporting standard YAML, these issues can be resolved, and users can
create a Flink configuration file using third-party tools and leverage
some advanced YAML features. Therefore, we propose to support standard
YAML for FLINK configuration.

You can find more details in the FLIP-366[1]. Looking forward to your
feedback.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-366%3A+Support+standard+YAML+for+FLINK+configuration

Best,