Hi, dear community and release managers,

Thanks for bringing up the new release candidate for 1.18.

When testing for the batch scenario, I found an issue of frequent
flushing in Hybrid shuffle. It is a new bug introduced by 1.18 and
may significantly impact the performance of shuffle writing.

The fix ticket FLINK-33044[1] has been reviewed and approved. To
prevent the performance issues, I would like to backport the fix to release
1.18 unless there are any objections.

Glad to hear your suggestions.

In addition to this, sorry to start a new email thread to discuss it.
I attempted many times to send this email within the existing thread
titled "[ANNOUNCE] Release 1.18.0, release candidate #0", but the mail
failed to be delivered, that thread looks broken. It is very strange.
So I start the new discussion thread.

Yuxin