Hi Xiangyu,

Thanks for driving it! There is one thing I am not really sure if I
understand you correctly.

According to the FLIP: "The minimum resource limitation will be implemented
in the DefaultResourceAllocationStrategy of FineGrainedSlotManager.

Each time when SlotManager needs to reconcile the cluster resources or
fulfill job resource requirements, the DefaultResourceAllocationStrategy
will check if the minimum resource requirement has been fulfilled. If it is
not, DefaultResourceAllocationStrategy will request new PendingTaskManagers
and FineGrainedSlotManager will allocate new worker resources accordingly."

"To avoid this oscillation, we need to check the worker number derived from
minimum and maximum resource configuration is consistent before starting
SlotManager."

Will the minimum resource configuration also take effect for streaming jobs
in application mode? Since it is not recommended to
configure slotmanager.number-of-slots.max for streaming jobs, does it make
sense to disable it for common streaming jobs? At least disable the check
for avoiding the oscillation?

Best regards,
Jing