Hi all,

I and Fan Rui(CC’ed) created the FLIP-370[1] to support balanced tasks
scheduling.

The current strategy of Flink to deploy tasks sometimes leads some
TMs(TaskManagers) to have more tasks while others have fewer tasks, resulting
in excessive resource utilization at some TMs that contain more tasks and
becoming a bottleneck for the entire job processing. Developing strategies to
achieve task load balancing for TMs and reducing job bottlenecks becomes very
meaningful.

The raw design and discussions could be found in the Flink JIRA[2] and Google
doc[3]. We really appreciate Zhu Zhu(CC’ed) for providing some valuable help
and suggestions in advance.

Please refer to the FLIP[1] document for more details about the proposed design
and implementation. We welcome any feedback and opinions on this proposal.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-370%3A+Support+Balanced+Tasks+Scheduling

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14WhrSNGBdcsRl3IK7CZO-RaZ5KXU2X1dWqxPEFr3iS8

Best,