Hi, Zhu Zhu,

Thanks for your feedback!

> I think we can introduce a new config option
> `taskmanager.load-balance.mode`,
> which accepts "None"/"Slots"/"Tasks". `cluster.evenly-spread-out-slots`
> can be superseded by the "Slots" mode and get deprecated. In the future
> it can support more mode, e.g. "CpuCores", to work better for jobs with
> fine-grained resources. The proposed config option
> `slot.request.max-interval`
> then can be renamed to `taskmanager.load-balance.request-stablizing-timeout`
> to show its relation with the feature. The proposed `slot.sharing-strategy`
> is not needed, because the configured "Tasks" mode will do the work.

The new proposed configuration option sounds good to me.

I have a small question, If we set our configuration value to 'Tasks,' it will
initiate two processes: balancing the allocation of task quantities at the slot
level and balancing the number of tasks across TaskManagers (TMs).
Alternatively, if we configure it as 'Slots,' the system will employ the
LocalPreferred allocation policy (which is the default) when assigning tasks to
slots, and it will ensure that the number of slots used across TMs is balanced.
Does  this configuration essentially combine a balanced selection strategy
across two dimensions into fixed configuration items, right?

I would appreciate it if you could correct me if I've made any errors.

Best,
Yuepeng.