IIRC releases MUST be built with JDK 8.

@Yun Tang how did you discover this?

There is supposed to be a check to enforce this, but weirdly enough it isn't rejecting my JDK 11 installation :/ Ah, we didn't set up the enforcer plugin correctly; while we do set a required JDK version by default this is interpreted as ">=", so anything above or equal 8 is currently accepted...

On 17/10/2023 07:55, Yun Tang wrote:

From: Lijie Wang <wangdachui9...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 12:42
To: dev@flink.apache.org <dev@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release 1.18.0, release candidate #2

  -  Verified the signature and checksum
  -  Built from the source code
  -  Ran an example job on yarn cluster
  -  Checked the website PR

Best,
Lijie

Jing Ge <j...@ververica.com.invalid> 于2023年10月16日周一 18:43写道:

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version
1.18.0, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:

* JIRA release notes [1], and the pull request adding release note for
users [2]
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
deployed to dist.apache.org [3], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 96AE0E32CBE6E0753CE6 [4],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [5],
* source code tag "release-1.17.0-rc2" [6],
* website pull request listing the new release and adding announcement blog
post [7].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Best regards,
Konstantin, Qingsheng, Sergey, and Jing

[1]

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12352885