Hey Rui,

+1 for making exponential backoff the default. I agree with Konstantin
that retrying forever is a good default for exponential backoff
because oftentimes the issue will resolve eventually. The purpose of
exponential backoff is precisely to continue to retry without causing
too much load. However, I'm not against adding an optional max number
of retries.

-Max