From: David Radley <david_rad...@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Monday, 23 October 2023 at 12:25
To: dev@flink.apache.org <dev@flink.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Maven and java version variables
Hi,

I have an open pr in the backlog that improves the pom.xml by introducing some
Maven variables. The pr is https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/23469
It has been reviewed but not merged. In the meantime another pom change has
been added that caused a conflict. I have amended the code in my pr to
implement the new logic, introducing a new java upper bounds version variable.
I notice that the pom change that was added introduced this comment:

<!—versions for certain build tools are enforced to match the CI setup -->

<!-- the rules below should stay in sync with Flink Release wiki documentation
and the CI scripts -->

I am not sure what the CI setup means and where in the Flink Release wiki the
java range is mentioned. It would be great if the comment could be extended to
include links to this information. I am happy to do that as part of this pr ,
if needed, if I can be supplied the links.  I think this pr should be merged
asap, so subsequent pom file changes use the Maven variables.

  WDYT

Kind regards, David.

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited