Thanks Gyula for driving this release!

I'd like to check with you and community, could we
postpone the code freeze by a week?

I'm developing the FLINK-33099[1], and the prod code is done.
I need some time to develop the tests. I hope this feature is included in
1.7.0 for two main reasons:

1. We have completed the decoupling of the autoscaler and
kubernetes-operator in 1.7.0. During the decoupling period, we modified
a large number of autoscaler-related interfaces. The standalone autoscaler
is an autoscaler process that can run independently. It can help us confirm
whether the new interface is reasonable.
2. 1.18.0 was recently released, standalone autoscaler allows more users to
play autoscaler and in-place rescale.

I have created a draft PR[2] for FLINK-33099, it just includes prod code.
I have run it manually, it works well. And I will try my best to finish all
unit tests before Friday, but must finish all unit tests before next Monday
at the latest.

WDYT?

I'm deeply sorry for the request to postpone the release.

[2] https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/pull/698

Best,
Rui