Pardon me, I forgot to include that I'd seen this before as
FLINK-26654.  There's a linked JIRA with an open PR that kind of
*plugs in* 8-byte ids . I haven't had the chance to check out Apicurio
yet, but I'm interested in schema registries in general.

All my best, Ryan

[1]: https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/21805
"[FLINK-30721][avro-confluent-registry] Enable 8byte schema id"