Hi all,

I asked this question before in user mail list but got no response. Just
try in this list if I could get some answer here :-).

I noticed distributed cache is not supported in async io, is there any
reason for that? It's understandable that state apis are not supported
since the data might be changed in working threads. But I don't know why
distributed cache is not supported either.

org.apache.flink.streaming.api.functions.async.RichAsyncFunction
@Override
public DistributedCache getDistributedCache() {
throw new UnsupportedOperationException(
"Distributed cache is not supported in rich async functions.");
}

Here's some background:
My task needs to query a kerberos secured hbase cluster. It registers
kerberos configuration file and keytab file via distributed cache. For
performance consideration hbase query is done in async io function. When
async io meets distributed cache, it no longer works.

Thanks,
Yaming