Hi devs,

I'd like to start a discussion about FLIP-398: Improve Serialization
Configuration And Usage In Flink [1].

Currently, users can register custom data types and serializers in Flink
jobs through various methods, including registration in code,
configuration, and annotations. These lead to difficulties in upgrading
Flink jobs and priority issues.

In flink-2.0 we would like to manage job data types and serializers through
configurations. This FLIP will introduce a unified option for data type and
serializer and users can configure all custom data types and
pojo/kryo/custom serializers. In addition, this FLIP will add more built-in
serializers for complex data types such as List and Map, and optimize the
management of Avro Serializers.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks!

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-398%3A+Improve+Serialization+Configuration+And+Usage+In+Flink

Best,
Fang Yong