Dear Weijie,

Thanks for your feedback and the +1 on this feature.

upstream operator must utilize a Forward type partitioner. Consequently,
the framework will apply a POINTWISE edge connection pattern between
the upstream operator and the operators within the PartitionWindowedStream.
As the parallelism of upstream operator and operators in the
PartitionWindowedStream are same, the semantic integrity
of the 'xxxPartition' can be guaranteed.

Additionally, I'll ensure that this explanation is updated in the FLIP [1].

I hope this clarification addresses your concern, and I'm glad to assist
if you have any more questions or insights to share.

Best regards,

Wencong
[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-380%3A+Support+Full+Partition+Processing+On+Non-keyed+DataStream