Thanks xiangyu for driving this proposal! And sorry for the
late reply.

Overall looks good to me, I only have some minor questions:

1. Do we need to introduce 3 collect strategies in the first version?

Large and comprehensive configuration items will bring
additional learning costs and usage costs to users. I tend to
provide users with out-of-the-box parameters and 2 collect
strategies may be enough for users.

IIUC, there is no big difference between exponential-delay and
incremental-delay, especially the default parameters provided.
I wonder could we provide a multiplier for exponential-delay strategy
and removing the incremental-delay strategy?

Of course, if you think multiplier option is not needed based on
your production experience, it's totally fine for me. Simple is better.

2. Which strategy do you think is best in mass production?

I'm working on FLIP-364[1], it's related to Flink failover restart
strategy. IIUC, when one cluster only has a few flink jobs,
fixed-delay is fine. It guarantees minimal latency without too
much stress. But if one cluster has too many jobs, fixed-delay
may not be stable.

Do you think exponential-delay is better than fixed delay in this
scenario? And which strategy is used in your production for now?
Would you mind sharing it?

Looking forwarding to your opinion~

Best,
Rui