Hi devs,

I'd like to share some highlights from the release sync on 02/27/2024

- Cross-team testing

We've finished all of the testing work[1]. Huge thanks to all contributors
and volunteers for the effort on this!

- Blockers

Two api change merge requests[2][3] had been discussed, there was an
agreement on the second pr, as it is a fix for an
unintended behavior newly introduced in 1.19, and we need to avoid
releasing it to users. For the 1st pr, we suggest continue the discussing
separately.
So we will wait for [3] done and then create the first release candidate
1.19.0-rc1(expecting within this week if no new blockers).

- Release notes

Revision to the draft version of the release note[4] has been closed, and
the formal pr[5] has been submitted,
also the release announcement pr will be ready later this week, please
continue to help review before 1.19 release, thanks!

- Sync meeting (https://meet.google.com/vcx-arzs-trv)

We've already switched to weekly release sync, so the next release sync
will be on Mar 5th, 2024. Feel free to join!

[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/2llhhbkcx5w7chp3d6cthoqc8kwfvw6x
[3] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/24387#pullrequestreview-1902749309
[4]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HLF4Nhvkln4zALKJdwRErCnPzufh7Z3BhhkWlk9Zh7w