It is much clearer definitely, thanks for the proposal.

Best,
Muhammet

On 2024-03-28 07:37, Rui Fan wrote:
Hi Muhammet,

Thanks for your reply!

The execution mode is also used for the DataStream API [1],
would that also affect/hide the DataStream execution mode
if we remove it from the WebUI?

Sorry, I didn't describe it clearly in FLIP-441[2], I have updated it.
Let me clarify the Execution Mode here:

1. Flink 1.19 website[3] also mentions the Execution mode, but it
actually matches the JobType[4] in the Flink code. Both of them
have 2 types: STREAMING and BATCH.
2. execution.runtime-mode can be set to 3 types: STREAMING,
BATCH and AUTOMATIC. But the jobType will be inferred as
STREAMING or BATCH when execution.runtime-mode is set
to AUTOMATIC.
3. The ExecutionMode I describe is: code link[5] , as we can
see, ExecutionMode has 4 enums: PIPELINED,
PIPELINED_FORCED, BATCH and BATCH_FORCED.
And we can see a flink streaming job from Flink WebUI,
the Execution mode is PIPELINE instead of STREAMING.
I attached a screenshot to the FLIP doc[2], you can see it there.
4. What this proposal wants to do is to remove the ExecutionMode
with four enumerations on Flink WebUI and introduce the
JobType with two enumerations (STREAMING or BATCH).
STREAMING or BATCH is clearer and more accurate for users.

Please let me know if it's not clear or anything is wrong, thanks a lot!

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.18/docs/dev/datastream/execution_mode/
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/agrPEQ
[3]